- Women make the first step
- Detailed profiles
- Funny interest badges
- Free version offers many features
- Unusual and reliable verification
- Excellent usability
- Additional uses with BFF and Bumble Bizz modes
- Limitless features only with paid subscriptions
- Just 24 hours to contact your match
- Who uses it?:18–35, Diverse user base, Looking for long-term relationships, friends, or business partners
- How many users?:50 million/month
- Features to help you match:Photos, Relationship goals, Location, Bios, Lifestyle, Interests, Place of study, Sexual orientation, Age, Habits, Personality
- Mobile access:Yes
- Pricing:Free, Bumble Premium, Bumble Boost, Bumble Spotlight (Cost dependent on contract length)
- Free version:Yes
Bumble comes in a close second to the popular dating app Tinder as it ranks as the second most downloaded dating app worldwide. With 50 million participants making over 80 million swipes a day, the app generates millions of matches. Its simplicity, inviting design, and extensive range of helpful features help make online dating fun and even give users confidence when meeting new people. The question is whether it will help you in your unique relationship goals.
We wanted to see what the Bumble hype is about, so we tried this dating service ourselves, both on mobile and desktop. Our feedback also includes mention of security features and sign-up procedures. Bumble offers multiple membership plans, and we will describe them in detail to help you identify the better option for you.
Bumble combines a traditional approach to dating apps with its own unique structure, rules, and opportunities for communication. We were also impressed with Bumble now offering additional services for building friendships and even business use. Scroll down to see if it’s the dating app you need to download next.
🎖️ Overall Tinder Rating
Short on Time?
Bumble is a secure platform where women always take the first step. The platform helps initiate dating opportunities and facilitates other forms of human interaction, such as making connections to benefit your business. On the desktop, you can have fun selecting matches from profiles that you find interesting. Alternatively, try the mobile app which makes all the Bumble opportunities even more user-friendly and accessible in the palm of your hand.
- User experience: Similar to Tinder, you swipe users’ pictures to the left or right, depending on whether you reject them or like them. It is more convenient using the mobile app, as on the desktop you’ll use arrows to make swipes. However, browsing someone’s profile is easier on a PC.
- Demographics: While Bumble welcomes anyone over 18, only a limited number of users are older than 40. Impressively, the app is welcoming to people of any orientation and gender, so any user can feel comfortable using Bumble.
- Security: Bumble takes care of security and privacy with features like Incognito Mode, making your profile visible to the preferred users only. Also, users can contact each other without providing their mobile phone numbers and snooze their accounts if they get tired of matches. Because
- Feature richness: Detailed bios, Profile Badges, SuperSwipes, and some other options make your search more targeted. Furthermore, Bumble has expanded its target audience. Now you can use the platform for dating, but also to find friends or business partners through BFF or Bizz modes.
✅ What We Like
- Women take the first step: Women take the lead on Bumble, and many men find the untraditional approach to dating exciting and inspiring. Moreover, women feel safe as they remain in control of the situation.
- Extensive profiles: You can learn a lot about people you like and make an informed decision on whether connecting will be a good idea or not.
- Vibrant badges: It’s a smart design feature to display all the person’s interests at once, using interesting badges. This layout also provides more space for the user’s bio, making it easier to browse a profile.
- Many free features: You can swipe through users’ profiles, make matches, exchange messages, and use video and audio calls for free. Additionally, you don’t need to pay for Basic Info Badges and the Question Game.
- Three modes: The platform offers the key Base mode, Bumble BFF for finding friends, and Bumble Bizz to connect professionals and arrange networking. You can easily switch between the modes and even suspend Date mode and only use the one most appropriate to your needs at a certain time.
- Smart verification: A unique way of verifying your authenticity is that Bumble offers you a pose to repeat and photograph. You then have to provide the screenshot. This helps filter out fake profiles managed by bots.
- High-level usability: The onboarding process takes a couple of minutes when you sign up, so you can start swiping very quickly. Layouts and menus are intuitive.
❌ What We Didn’t Like
- Extended options are not free: SuperSwipes, Extend, and Rematch are limited in use until you purchase a Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium subscription. Backtrack, which allows you to cancel an accidental left swipe, is also paid.
- 24-hour connection limit: Rules state you must send a message within a day of connecting, but your schedule may mean you simply don’t have the opportunity to answer a message within that time frame. This could mean you lose a potentially perfect match.
|User Base Size and Diversity
|Large and Diverse
|Ease of Use and Interface
|Safety and Privacy Features
|Safety features: Photo verification, Phone verification
Privacy features: Incognito Mode
|Swipe, Video Chat, Voice Call
|Price and Subscription Options
|Monthly – $16.99
Three months – $33.99
Six months – $54.99
|Mobile App Availability
|iOS and Android
|Cancellation and Refund Policy
|Community and Social Aspects
|High; LGBTQ+ Friendly
💰 Bumble Pricing
Though many Bumble functions are free, you may try the paid options for better matches and more fun.
There are three types of paid services:
- Spotlights: A service that elevates your profile to the top for 30 minutes, so more users can see it.
- Bumble Boost: It includes one Spotlight, unlimited Swipes, five SuperSwipes per week, Backtrack, and more Extend taps.
- Bumble Premium: Subscribers get Rematch, advanced filters, and Travel mode. In addition, you can see all the users who swiped right on your profile.
By studying each membership option, you can see which one best suits your budget and connection needs.
📱 Bumble on Mobile
The Bumble app creates a helpful platform for online dating thanks to its well-designed user interface and features like eye-catching badges. While the desktop version is easy to operate, the mobile app offers the most fun and is the winner in terms of usability.
🤔 How to Use Bumble
- Provide your phone number for verification.
- Turn on the geolocation (you can skip this step and do it later).
- Enter your name; this is how you will introduce yourself to everyone.
Important note: you can’t edit this later on.
- Upload your photos. You need at least two.
- Enter your date of birth. (This information will be fixed too).
- Choose a gender (You can set another gender at any time).
- Confirm whether your gender can be displayed on your profile.
- Choose a mode, such as ‘Date’ or ‘BFF mode’. You can change it later.
- Define who can see you, such as ‘Open to All’.
- Define what you are looking for on Bumble:
- New friends
- Short term
- Long term
- Still figuring it out
- Set your interests.
- Enter an email, and later you need to confirm your subscription via the email sent to you. Remember to agree or refuse to subscribe to the mailing list.
- Download more photos if you like. Your phone gallery or Facebook will come in handy.
- Turn on the geolocation if you haven’t yet.
The application will now start showing users. Swipe and make your first match.
To get the best results, we suggest you first complete your profile. Download more photos, write an intriguing bio, connect your Spotify or Instagram accounts, and choose the mode you want to search in.
With this information making your profile more enticing, you’re ready to meet your new friends and dates.
Swiping in Bumble is simple and fun. Just tap the Hive table to see your matches queue, and swipe the profile you like to the right. If the profile is of no interest, swipe it to the left. If you’re intrigued, you can SuperSwipe the person.
If someone you like swipes right on your photo, it makes a match. You will see the yellow notification “You Matched!” pop up.
After that, you have just 24 hours to send a message to your match.
When the message is sent, the recipient has 24 hours to react. If there is no answer, your connection expires. Then you can use features like Extend or Rematch if you want to give that match another try. Or, leave it behind until you hopefully match each other again in the future.
Communicating with Matches
As stated, Bumble is specific when it comes to matches’ communication. Your gender and orientation influence the next steps after matching.
Remember, only women can send a message first when it comes to heterosexual matches. However, if two users of the same gender match, any of them can be the first to make a move.
So, women, don’t hesitate to initiate communication. They’re waiting!
The platform makes it easy to start up a conversation, thanks to GIFs and games. The communication portal is similar to modern chat applications, offering video and voice recording features apart from texting.
- Extend your connection: You probably can’t stay on the app around the clock, and unfortunately, there’s a risk of missing the love or friendship of your life if someone doesn’t respond within 24 hours. If you find that your connection has expired since you were offline, and you really want this match, just use the Extend option and add another 24 hours to your countdown. Free users can use it once, while those who are on Bumble Premium and Bumble Boost can extend the connection as many times as they like.
- Rematch: Expired connections cause regret for many participants, but Bumble gives you a second chance with Rematch. So, see expired matches in your Match queue (they are circled in silver) and click on them for a rematch. Note that the option is available to Bumble Boost and Bumble Premium subscribers only.
- SuperSwipe: If you want some more attention from somebody, just click on the yellow heart at the top right of any bio. Now, your love interest knows you are here. The number of available SuperSwipes is limited in the basic account. The subscriptions to Bumble Premium and Bumble Boost will provide you with an endless number of them.
- Prove you’re real: Here, your photos can be verified via a rather unusual but effective tool. Bumble gives you a pose, and you are to repeat it and share a screenshot on the app. Once your profile is verified, a blue shield icon will appear next to your name and age. Showing it’s an authentic account helps others trust your profile more.
- Add Profile Badges: The About Me section doesn’t provide a lot of space for a detailed bio, which makes the badges so valuable. Show your matches-to-be what you’re into with a bright and funny sign—and draw even more attention to your profile.
- Use Profile Prompts: This is another way to convey a lot in a few words and make a strong impression. Profile Prompts start a sentence that you finish with a thoughtful reflection or opinion. This allows other users to grasp your mood, values, and personality.
👥 General User Experience
Compared to some other platforms we’ve tested, Bumble offers one of the most convenient mobile apps for communication. As many users claim, it has an intuitive design, so onboarding takes minutes, and very little time passes before the first match.
If you still prefer to combine the search for new acquaintances while working on your PC, simply access Bumble Web, also known as Bumble Desktop. This version is available on all web browsers, and the list of features and options is similar to Bumble Mobile.
Notably, Bumble Web offers easier browsing and better profile views, but it lacks the key advantage of the app service—mobility. Thanks to the Bumble app, you can swipe and check profiles whenever you want and wherever you are. The app offers full access to all the features and options of the service.
Since you’re using one account to access both, you can combine mobile and desktop Bumble. For example, use the latter to stay engaged with your matches, in between work activities at your desk.
🔐 User Safety & Security
Bumble provides a rather strong safety and security foundation that includes the following features:
- You can have video chats and voice calls within Bumble, and you don’t need to share your phone number until you trust your partner.
- Snooze means you can stop your profile temporarily to have a break from online dating, catch up with your daily routine, or perhaps date somebody IRL.
- Private Detector provides the blurring of nudes in case someone sends this type of image; it is up to you whether you want to see content like this or not.
- The Block&Report feature can be used in case you feel unsafe or see lewd behavior when communicating.
Also, users can help Bumble protect their personal data. Upload photos without including information like location, home or business address, or financial details (FAPs). Furthermore, you can choose Incognito Mode and hide your profile from everyone except those you swiped.
☎️ Customer Support
Bumble doesn’t offer any customer support phone numbers. Still, you can contact the Bumble Support Team in one of these ways:
- “Contact & FAQ” section in the mobile app
- Email form that you can complete on the app or desktop version
- Using special forms for advertising or press inquiries, as well as options to inform the service about any security vulnerabilities.
🎖️ How Does Bumble Compare?
Since Bumble and Tinder go hand in hand in popularity, let’s compare these industry giants in terms of usability and experience.
As for access and functionality, Tinder impresses. Its profiles are more lightweight and do not require many sections to complete, so it works faster. Also, any user can start a conversation within the match regardless of gender, which may appeal to certain men.
At the same time, Bumble provides more confidence and a sense of security thanks to an impressive list of settings and important communication limits. According to users, it is more focused on long-term relationships and helpful arrangements than on casual relationships, so it seems more respectful and less casual. In addition, its distinctive style creates a warm vibe of kinship and belonging, which is valuable for both newbies and experienced users.
|Access to dates, friendship, and business contacts
|Men who want to initiate conversation
|50 million users/month
>12.3 million subscribers
|75 million users/month
>6 million subscribers
Still figuring it out
Still figuring it out
|Yes – Image verification
|Yes – Image verification
🏆Final Verdict: Is Bumble Right for You?
Bumble refers to its community as the Hive, and it’s quite fitting. This mobile application is convenient and secure while catering to various purposes such as dating, finding friends, and facilitating business communication. The unique design and fully functional free version continue to attract more users, enabling them to enhance their love lives and successfully shape their social circles.
Some may find it frustrating that on Bumble the initiative belongs to women. However, men who try the app are often happy with this arrangement. After all, you can relax and receive signs of attention from beautiful strangers without worrying about reciprocity.
With the fairly young demographic using Bumble, it’s not the ideal dating site for seniors, but it caters to many other users, thanks to its inclusivity. With its notably quick onboarding, you can start swiping and finding connections as early as today.
Does Bumble offer free services?
Yes, you can use Bumble for free. However, if you need more options and features like unlimited SuperSwipes or Extends, you have to subscribe.
Where can you access Bumble?
Today, Bumble can be used and applied in 90 countries. Its coverage is much less than Tinder, but the app may develop further.
You can use this platform either on your desktop, via Mac or PC, or by downloading the app to a mobile device.
Is Bumble safe for online dating?
Yes, Bumble has created a safe service. This platform provides rules and restrictions aimed at the protection of the user’s personal data. Some features like Incognito Mode also empower users to improve their sense of safety and security and stay in control while active in the online dating scene.
Is Bumble for hookups or serious dating?
Bumble caters to a diverse target audience and you can adapt Bumble to your personal goals at the current time. The main focus is still offering a dating app, but it has other purposes too. Look for a trustworthy company to partner with or a person to build a friendship with.
In terms of dating, many people on Bumble do want serious relationships, but there are users who prefer casual hookups.
Can you browse Bumble if you don’t have an account?
You can browse the Bumble website without an account. However, you must register and complete your profile to view other users’ information and swipe.