- Lively community
- User-friendly interface
- Quick onboarding
- Responsive customer support
- Account Manager assistance
- Small user pool
- No messaging for free users
- Who uses it?:40+, People searching for various kinds of relationships nearby and overseas
- How many users?:1.6 million+, 6,000 daily active users
- Features to help you match:Photos, Location, Age, Lifestyle, Background, Appearance
- Mobile access:Yes
- Pricing:Free, Premium Membership
- Free version:Yes
SeniorMatch (SM) is an online dating service designed to help older individuals find strong, long-lasting relationships and friendships worldwide. Its audience is lonely seniors who are seeking companionship, love, or friendship.
The platform belongs to the SuccessfulMatch family of online dating services, which also includes famous websites such as BiCupid and Millionaire Match. SM is a successful project that has more than 36,000 happy success stories to its name. The platform has over 1,600,000 registered senior users, with 6,000 of them being active daily. Members engage in more than 1.6 million messages each month and actively participate in various community features.
We explored the platform to introduce you to an online dating service for this niche. We tested both the desktop version and the mobile app, tried to match, and checked the SeniorMatch security measures. If you’re considering joining the community in search of love or simply to find like-minded individuals, use our insights into the benefits of joining this platform.
🎖️ Overall SeniorMatch Rating
Short on Time?
SeniorMatch offers dating services to members aged 40 and older. They can seek devoted communication and companionship in their local area, in neighboring locations, and even abroad.
You can access SeniorMatch on your PC or your mobile device and try various matching features, including filtered searching, the swipe-style Flame (similar to Tinder or Bumble), or the traditional Discover which is typical for many international dating sites. Key options, such as swiping, exploring users’ profiles, and sending likes or winks, are available for free. However, privileges like initiating a conversation, advanced search settings, and other engaging perks are exclusive to premium members.
- User experience: SeniorMatch users can view profiles and express their interest via likes, winks, and messages depending on their membership status.
- Demographics: The average age of users is 47–52, and about 40% are over 55. There’s a gender ratio of 60% women to 40% male.
- Security: SeniorMatch uses human verification to check the data of its members, and the users can request photo verification from the members who liked them.
- Feature richness: Along with viewing profiles and sending messages, the SeniorMatch members can enjoy interaction with other users on various discussions, join fun events, and share their First Date ideas and jokes.
✅ What we Like
- Active members: We were happy to notice the strong presence of users in the “First Date Ideas,” “Fun Events,” and “Friendly Senior Jokes” sections.
- Clear and simple design: SeniorMatch doesn’t offer flashy visual content, so it doesn’t cause eye fatigue. The menus are visible, the text is large enough, and the workflows are easy to access. Some users consider the design to be too boring for tech-savvy people. However, we like this simplicity and it may also suit older generations’ preferences. So, it shows user-friendliness rather than a lack of creativity.
- Easy registration: You don’t need to provide a lot of information for your signup or complete lengthy questionnaires to join the community. You just give your name and email, insert a few personal parameters, and upload your photo—then SeniorMatch members welcome you. There are sections where you need to write more about yourself or your perfect match. However, you can complete them later or leave the fields empty.
- Account Manager guidance and support: A paid member can rely on their personal assistant, who helps them to clarify all the SeniorMatch options and guides them to have a positive dating experience.
- Reliable customer support: Though you can only contact the support team by email or post, they react quickly. We received a reply to our email in 15 minutes.
❌ What we Didn’t Like
- Small number of users: While SeniorMatch boasts an audience of over 1.6 million users worldwide, there’s no guarantee that there are potential matches near you. The nearest may be a few hundred kilometers away. It may be inconvenient for older users, who may not be as open to long-distance relationships as younger people
- No messages are available for free: Though limited messaging is a common feature for many dating sites’ free users, it hampers connections. Older individuals who are keen to explore the value of online dating may be discouraged by a lack of communication methods.
|User Base Size and Diversity
|Age, Location, Similar Interests
|Ease of Use and Interface
|Safety and Privacy Features
|Safety Features: Photo Verification
Privacy Features: Hide Profile
|Chat, Wink, Likes
|Price and Subscription Options
|One month: $29.99
Three months: $59.95
Six months: $95.95
|Mobile App Availability
|Account Manager, Reverse Match, Chat Room
|Cancellation and Refund Policy
|Community and Social Aspects
SeniorMatch offers free membership, and a handful of options are available to users in this case. They can:
- Send likes and winks to the other users
- Swipe through 50 profiles a day
- Reply to messages from other members
- View other members’ First Date Ideas and post their own
- Search matches by gender, age, country, and state
- Add public and private photos
These features were enough for us to explore the dating site and understand if it is worth spending time on. We should say that this functionality is limited compared to ChristianCafe.com, which gives access to all their opportunities during their 10-day trial period. On the other hand, SeniorMatch doesn’t require users to subscribe, as ChristianCafe.com does with people who want to continue using it. You may be a free member as long as you like. To expand your opportunities, choose Premium Membership and access:
- Write unlimited messages to other users
- Respond to others’ First Date Ideas
- Use advanced search and set additional filters
- Browse members by distance
- View who liked your photo or looked through your photo
- See the last login time of other users
- Browse profiles anonymously and customize privacy settings
- Change your username
- Have your own Personal Account Manager and get more personalized service
The Premium Membership cost is affordable compared to some other platforms (for instance, paid subscriptions on Zoosk and ChristianCafe.com are nearly $120 per year), and you can enjoy more options to increase your chances of successful matches. Additionally, you can earn a bonus membership through various activities such as writing promotional articles, recommending SeniorMatch to others, and sharing dating advice. Not all dating sites for people over 50 provide this opportunity, making it worthwhile to give it a try.
|1 Month Premium Membership
|3 Months Premium Membership
|12 Months Premium Membership
Tip: Please note that SeniorMatch renews subscriptions automatically. You have a one-week window to opt out of automatic renewal. If you want to stop it, cancel it on your own to avoid unwanted billing.
📱 SeniorMatch on Mobile
SeniorMatch offers a mobile app that brings all matchmaking features to your fingertips. You can download this software on the official website and seek or communicate with your soulmate or friends even while on the go.
We liked its user-friendly design, simple navigation, and access to all the features the desktop and mobile versions have.
🤔 How to Use SeniorMatch
SeniorMatch attracts users around the world thanks to its simple interface and large pool of members from diverse nations and backgrounds. The sign-up process is swift, and navigating the platform is remarkably straightforward. Now we’ll tell you how to use all the opportunities and find the best match.
Take just a couple of minutes to register by following our instructions:
- Click on Sign Up on the SeniorMatch home page.
- Enter your email address
- Choose your gender and the gender of who you’re hoping to find.
- Provide your age and location, and insert your password.
- Add your username.
Tip: Be creative, so it attracts attention and perhaps gets you a like.
- Mark your height, ethnicity, and relationship status.
- Write a witty profile headline. Use it to showcase your personality.
- Enter a few words about yourself. You can write about your hobbies, interests, and relationship goals.
- Describe what you are looking for in a relationship.
This helps to already filter interested parties. When people know your relationship goals, it limits misunderstandings down the line.
- Upload your photo.
Also, you can join SeniorMatch via your Facebook account. If you choose this option, the information from your Facebook profile will appear in your SM account at once. Another perk is that you can grab your photo from your social media gallery.
Immediately after creating a profile, the system will offer to upgrade your profile to Premium. We chose to skip this step, as the free functions are enough to look around, get acquainted with the main features, and browse through the profiles of other users.
A paid subscription is available at any time. You’ll find links to the upgrade page on various other pages.
Free users can search for matches using basic filters such as gender, age, country, and state.The majority of the matchmaking methods are accessible to all users. However, Premium members have the advantage of setting exclusive search criteria like relationship status, ethnicity, religion, smoking, drinking, children, and height.
Here are the primary matching options to use:
- Discover: You can switch to this mode to see all the members that suit the filters you set. Members’ photos are arranged in columns, making scrolling through them very easy. Here, you can also express interest by liking and winking at appealing users. Additionally, if you upgrade your profile to premium, you can message them. Another Discover option available for free users is a search by username. However, free users do not have access to features such as “Saved Search” and “Premium Members.”
- Flame: The platform displays members near you in a swipe-like setup. If you’re interested in a person, you can click the heart to send them a like. If you’re not interested, click the cross. When a user who receives a ‘heart’ from you reciprocates, both of you will get a notification email.
- You might like: SM algorithms generate a list of users who match your self-description. At first, we thought we were able to send messages to users from this list. But no. Although the “Message now” button is active and the chat form appears, we couldn’t say ‘hello’ without a paid subscription. Nevertheless, the ‘Like’ button is working as expected, so you can draw the attention of users from this list.
- Moments: All members can follow other users by checking out the regularly updated Activity feed. You can browse the updates, find interesting people, and like or comment on their photos or videos for free to draw attention to yourself.
- Friendly Senior Jokes: Here, you have fun reading jokes and express your appreciation by liking or commenting on them. This provides a great opportunity to connect with someone with a similar sense of humor than yours.
Communicating with Matches
Communication possibilities depend on your membership plan. If you are a free member, your options are limited. You can express your interest by sending likes and winks to the profiles of the users you find special. Furthermore, you can respond to incoming messages from premium users and participate in various discussions.
Paid members have more freedom because they can send unlimited messages, use the advanced search features, respond to first-date ideas, see who is online, and enjoy a few other fun tools.
Optimize Your SeniorMatch Experience
Looking for strong relationships and having a good time are two key reasons to join a dating site, and SeniorMatch supports these goals well. Simply make use of all options and take advantage of some dating experts’ tips:
- Complete your profile: The more you write about yourself, the higher your chances are to meet new friends and soulmates. Don’t be afraid to express yourself and be as sincere as you can.
- Upload your best photos: Images allow you to show your best side and even your interests. So upload photos that you think others will find attractive and pick a few that allow you to showcase your personality and interests.
- Participate in Fun Events: This SM section allows members to interact with each other and find those who share their views and way of life.
- Be more active: For example, you can participate in First Date ideas and share your findings or comment on the other members’ ideas.
👥 General User Experience
Today, both desktop and mobile versions are available to SeniorMatch members. We find them very appealing, as the registration is quick and simple, and the design is clear and non-distracting. The menus use big letters, and the users’ profiles are perfectly visible. These features are vital for senior users who have less online experience and may be overwhelmed by too many bells and whistles.
The SeniorMatch mobile app is a new feature, and we appreciate its modern and simple design. Choose your preferred method of matching and enjoy access to various communities. This makes the mobile experience more engaging and, at the same time, more relevant for mature seniors.
🔐 User Safety & Security
Older people may be too trusting and unaware of how cyber scammers cheat and commit fraud. That is why the SeniorMatch administration has made enough efforts to keep its users safe.
The SeniorMatch moderators verify all the information newcomers provide, including email addresses and photos. All the key data requires confirmation. For one thing, ID verification is mandatory if platform administration notices some unusual activity in the user’s account.
Additionally, community members need to verify their images again if there is suspicious activity on their profile or if other SeniorMatch users ask for verification before communicating with others.
Furthermore, SeniorMatch uses SSL encryption, so users can feel rather safe when signing up or communicating with other members on the dating website.
☎️ Customer Support
The SeniorMatch participants have several options to connect with the dating platform’s support team:
- Use the Support Bot, which runs with SAP Conversational AI
- Ask for assistance via email by sending a message in the appropriate form, straight from the site
- Send post
🎖️ How Does SeniorMatch Compare?
SeniorMatch is a product of SuccessfulMatch.com, a company that provides dating services for various demographics. We compared the platform with MillionaireMatch, another family website catering to a specific kind of member, to see if it lives up to certain standards. Also, it helps to show how well SeniorMatch caters to its unique audience.
Both SeniorMatch and MillionaireMatch are niche websites. The former offers dating for older singles, while the latter focuses on providing dating services for wealthy users. As for the other criteria, the results of our comparison are the following:
- Age of admission: MillionaireMatch welcomes users aged 21 and older. If you want to subscribe to SeniorMatch, you must be at least 40.
- Marital status: You must be single to join MillionaireMatch. SeniorMatch is not so meticulous about marital status, and the majority of users are divorced or widowed.
- Feature richness: Options like Flame and Discover are available for both MillionaireMatch and SeniorMatch users.
- Pricing: MillionaireMatch membership is more expensive than SeniorMatch payment plans. We think it is quite natural, as MM caters to the needs of wealthy members.
|Older singles looking for love or companionship
|Affluent singles seeking wealthy partners
|1.6 million+ users
|5 million+ users
|Long-term relationships Friendship Companionship Hanging out Travel
|Long term Dating Marriages
|Yes – Email and Image verification
|Yes – Image and ID verification
🏆 Final Verdict: Is SeniorMatch Right for You?
SeniorMatch is a good choice for mature and established men and women who want to find serious relationships or devoted friends. The intentions of its members are usually honest and sincere, and most have no interest in casual flings. If you share this view, then it is the right website dating platform for you. It is also safe, as users undergo human verification, and the moderators do their best to keep the user base free from fraud.
We liked both desktop and mobile versions of SeniorMatch, so we recommend you try these two variants in turn to see which one suits you better. Please note that you must be at least 40 to become a member of the community.
Does SeniorMatch offer free services?
Yes, you can subscribe to the SeniorMatch platform for free. In this case, you may view other users’ profiles, send them likes and winks, respond to incoming messages from premium members, browse the Activity Feed, and participate in discussions. If you want a more comprehensive dating experience, then try a paid membership plan.
Where can you access SeniorMatch?
SeniorMatch is accessible worldwide, allowing you to join and find a soulmate either locally or abroad, regardless of your location. Similar to other international dating services like InternationalCupid, you can search by location to discover matches near you. Alternatively, if borders are not a concern, you can explore the possibilities of love and friendship globally.
Is SeniorMatch safe for online dating?
While SeniorMatch may not provide as many verification options as Zoosk, for example, the platform prioritizes the safety of its members. Moderators check all the images and information from users. Also, the SM members can make sure they communicate with a trustworthy user by asking them to verify a photo via selfie or ID.
Is SeniorMatch for hookups or serious dating?
SeniorMatch is a dating platform designed for older users who typically seek strong and long-lasting connections. Hookups are not their primary goal. You can find a soulmate, a friend, or a companion to travel with or hang out with. No-strings-attached relationships are not on the list.
Can you browse SeniorMatch if you don’t have an account?
SeniorMatch doesn’t give access to its user base and functions until you sign up. You can explore the platform with a free membership to evaluate its design and options. If satisfied, you have the option to purchase a paid membership plan, unlocking more opportunities to find your soulmate or make new friends.