- Appealing design
- Clear profile structure
- Receive daily list of matches
- Can help find quality, long-term partners
- Affordable membership
- Small audience
- Few free features
- Very long questionnaire
- Who uses it?:50+, Older singles who seek caring relationships, love, and friends
- How many users?:800,000+ users
- Features to help you match:Photos, Location, Age, Lifestyle, Background/Cultural values, Hobbies
- Mobile access:Yes
- Pricing:Free, Premium Membership
- Free version:Yes
Since 2002, SilverSingles has been a dating service for mature and older singles who seek strong relationships, casual dating, new friends, or confidants. The platform keeps the priorities of its users in mind and uses a matching method based on compatibility according to personal qualities rather than only physical appeal.
Though the concept of SilverSingles implies the best possible intentions, we came across varied reviews from its users. Members primarily express concerns about issues such as scammers, a lack of profile photos, a limited audience, and poor customer service. So, we decided to check everything on our own and find out the truth.
Now, we can confidently say that SilverSingles is a good dating service for seniors that offers all the necessary features (for example, 30 daily matches, likes, and messages) to find potential matches and build meaningful relationships. However, whether you should use the service ultimately depends on your preferences. Use our detailed review to help you make an informed decision.
🎖️ Overall SilverSingles Rating
Short on Time?
SilverSingles is an unusual platform in terms of matching. Here, you don’t need to swipe or look through numerous profiles. The system does it all for you. All you need is to complete a comprehensive personality test and enjoy exploring matches that the platform selects especially for you, according to your character, tastes, wants, and needs.
Users can access SilverSingles on both their PCs and any mobile device. Right after onboarding is complete, you access an easy-to-navigate and well-structured interface and can concentrate on your matches without distraction. However, free users see blurred users’ photos and have limited options for messaging. A paid membership is mandatory to unlock full functionality.
- User experience: SilverSingles does a lot of work for you by picking singles according to your personality quiz. All you need after that is to explore the system’s profile suggestions, contact the people you like or skip them, and wait for the system to offer new profiles. Every day, you get 30 matches to consider.
- Demographics: The platform is mostly for older users aged 50 and over. However, younger users can also join SilverSingles without concealing their age. Approximately 23% of members fall within the 45–54 age range; 31% are aged 55–64; 22% are 65 and older; and the remaining members are 40 years old or younger. There are 53% male and 47% female members.
- Security: The service protects users’ data and tries to fight fake profiles through regular checking. The members must provide their email addresses and passwords to open accounts and enter the platform.
- Feature richness: The SilverSingles functionality is rather unassuming. There are no swipes, blogs, and forums that are typical for some other dating sites and apps (for example, Tinder, PositiveSingles, and SeniorMatch). The users communicate with each other via messages, likes, and comments under their photos.
✅ What we Like
- User-friendly design: The platform’s interface is user-friendly, simplifying the process of finding and connecting with potential matches. This ease of use is particularly beneficial for older singles who may not be technologically savvy.
- Effortless browsing: The profile layout is simple and comprehensive, allowing users to view all the information on one screen, without much need to scroll. Users can easily send messages and express interest. Additionally, the Personality section offers a summary of users’ backgrounds and traits. However, only some of these features are available to free users.
- Easy matching: The SilverSingles members don’t need to scroll through the hundreds of profiles to find like-minded people. The system does everything for you and presents profiles based on your preferences.
- Serious dating: The key audience is mature people who seek strong and healthy relationships and don’t want to waste their time on hookups or casual dating.
- Reasonable pricing: The membership is affordable. You can get access to all the SilverSingles options for under $15/month.
❌ What we Didn’t Like
- Small community: The number of users doesn’t reach even 1 million. Also, they are spread across the globe, so a good match may only be found hundreds of miles from you, with no like-minded people nearby.
- Limited free features available: Free members can update their profiles, set matchmaking filters, read about other users, and send likes. However, viewing match photos is restricted, as they are blurred for non-paying users.
- Lengthy personality quiz: We admit that the matching system needs to know a lot about each member to select the best connections. However, there are many questions during the registration process. We found this questionnaire a bit tedious, and there’s no option of skipping some questions and leaving them for later.
|User Base Size and Diversity
|50 and above
|Based on the personality test
|Ease of Use and Interface
|Very easy, Moderate
|Safety and Privacy Features
|Safety features: Email verification
Privacy features: Hide Profile
|Wink, Private Message, Voice Message
|Price and Subscription Options
|Three months – $59.85
Six months – $65.70
Twelve months – $107.40
|Mobile App Availability
|iOS and Android
|Cancellation and Refund Policy
|Community and Social Aspects
|Moderate; LGBTQ+ friendly
💰 SilverSingles Pricing
SilverSingles offers a free version, with no time limit, as is the case with ChristianCafe. You can use the available functions of the platform for as long as you want. However, the list of free features is somewhat limited and only includes:
- Photo uploads and updates of your personal information
- Exploration of users’ profiles, including the Personality section
- Viewing daily match lists provided by the system
- Liking the most appealing profiles
- Setting personal preferences to enhance the matchmaking process
Although free members can view users’ profiles, they can’t have a comprehensive opinion of the user due to blurred photos and the inability to send a message and initiate a conversation. Only premium members have access to a comprehensive set of functions, including the ability to:
- Send and receive unlimited messages
- View the personality test results that are explained in more detail
- Access to all your matches’ photos
- Leave comments on the profiles and photos
- See who viewed your profile
- Benefit from the “Have we met?” feature and get up to 20 additional matches per day
- Appear more frequently in the match lists of the other Premium members
|Premium (Premium Light)
|Premium (Premium Comfort)
|Premium (Premium Classic)
Note: These costs are only a guideline, as contract timelines and rates may change over time, and may differ between regions.
As you can see, usually a longer contract offers more affordable monthly payments. Since it may take time getting to know someone via a dating site, it’s often worth committing for an extended period of time.
You can pay for your Premium upgrade with your debit or credit card, as well as via PayPal. If you purchased by mistake, you can get a refund. The process is simple, as all you need to do is contact SilverSingles’ Customer Care team via the online form. Just note that terms and conditions will apply.
📱 SilverSingles on Mobile
SilverSingles has a mobile application. You can download it for both iOS and Android devices. The mobile application mirrors the desktop version. The interface is clear and understandable, and the list of features is the same. So, it is an excellent choice if you live an active lifestyle and try to find your love and stay in contact on the move.
🤔 How to Use SilverSingles
Looking for interesting people with SilverSingles is quite comfortable, thanks to the user-friendly interface and straightforward set of options. Having registered and explored the matchmaking features and connection options, we will now share our tips and detailed guide with you.
The onboarding is rather time-consuming, and it took us about 40–45 minutes to sign up. However, the steps are clear and concise:
- Visit the SilverSingles home page, mark your gender, and agree with the Terms & Conditions.
- Enter your email and password, then click on the Sign Me Up button.
- Complete the captcha test.
- Confirm your gender and that of your desired partner.
Now it’s time for the match quiz. Be patient and answer all the questions thoughtfully, as it will determine how quickly and easily you can find the person you need.
- Specify your marital status, education, and importance to a partner.
- Define your appearance—height, ethnicity, and their importance in your match.
- Mark your beliefs and define your openness to other religions.
- Indicate who you are looking for.
- Point out your favorite activities.
Then, you have to answer other questions that help the matching system understand your personality and your expectations from a partner.
Now, you need to write some words about yourself and decide if you want to subscribe to a paid membership immediately. After that, the registration process is over, and you can have a good time evaluating the matches that the system shows you.
SilverSingles follows the “less is more” principle, so there are only a few features to help users make matches. You have a chance to find someone special using these options:
- Daily Matches: The SilverSingles matching system selects these based on personality test results, presenting about 30 daily matches. Decide whether to get in touch or to skip them and wait for better suggestions. Additionally, there are many filters, so you can set your preferences by factors like age, distance, lifestyle, and habits. The list will be updated in 30 minutes to reflect the changes you made.
- Have you met?: You can see the profiles of users who don’t appear in your daily matches because of incompatibility with your preferences. To get access to these members’ profiles, go to the “Have you met?” section. You will see just one profile at a time, and if you like what you see and read, you can message or smile. Then, the profile will appear in your Match list, and you can connect with the member further. “Have you met?” is available for premium members only and allows you to view up to 20 additional profiles per day.
Communicating with Matches
There are several ways to let users know about yourself. Not all of these are available for free, though:
- Smiles and likes: You can send them to any SilverSingles as a greeting or a sign of interest, even if you are a free user. The option is available in your Matches list or right in the users’ profiles.
- Photo request: Some users may have no photos in their profile, and you can ask them to upload pictures if you find their personalities engaging. If a user adds a photo, it will appear in their profile.
- Messaging: Premium members can write straight to their favorites, instead of relying on likes and smiles.
- Commenting on profiles and photos: There is a thumbs-up icon and a speech bubble in each profile. Free users can send likes. Paid members can leave a comment, a question, or a compliment. It is a good way to show your admiration and spark mutual interest.
All your interactions with other matches are visible in your Messages and the Match list. If you delete a user or your match deletes you, all your interactions disappear.
Optimize Your SilverSingles Experience
The range of features on SilverSingles leaves much to be desired, but there are some tricks to increase your chances of making more connections:
- 100% Profile Completion: Answer the personality test sincerely and take the time to describe yourself accurately. This helps the system select quality matches for you, and showcasing more personal facts about yourself often attracts more users.
- Add Photos: People are visual creatures, so profiles with photos always have better chances to attract attention. You can upload up to 24 images to your gallery, and if they display your character and interests, the number of responses will be impressive.
- Take initiative: Users of dating sites and apps are always happy when they are the focus of somebody’s attention. Using likes, smiles, comments, and messages is the way to the Matches lists of other members—and to their hearts, too.
- Read Receipts: This feature allows users to see if SilverSingles members have read their messages. You can benefit from the option if you are a Premium member. It helps you manage your expectations and avoid misunderstandings. Perhaps they aren’t interested, or maybe they just haven’t seen your message yet.
👥 General User Experience
We really like the SilverSingles’ layout, as we find it relevant for users of mature age. The colors are soft, the icons are large, and the structure and menus are intuitive. So, even users who are not so keen on computers or the internet will feel comfortable using it.
The creators maintained the same concept of simplicity when developing the SilverSingles mobile app. It is equally user-friendly, allowing any newcomer to navigate it with ease.
🔐 User Safety & Security
SilverSingles tries its best to provide safety and privacy for all its members. The key security measures are the following:
- The encryption of the users’ data and its inaccessibility to third parties.
- Human verification of all photos and entries before uploading to the platform.
- An in-house fraud team for the investigation of suspicious activity.
- SilverSingles can detect VPNs to expel users who try to conceal their location.
- The platform is careful about the safe connections of its members, so there is a Staying Safe guide where members can find helpful tips on online dating.
Despite all these measures, there are fake profiles, according to members’ testimonials. So, we recommend you be careful and consistent in concealing your personal information from your matches, at least initially.
☎️ Customer Support
The sole method for a SilverSingles user to contact the Customer Care team is by filling out the form available in the Contact Us section. You need to provide your email address and describe the problem. We should say that the support is quite responsive; we received feedback within an hour of sending the request.
Unfortunately, there are no options such as live chat or phone support. Hopefully, SilverSingles will expand its customer service options in the future.
🎖️ How Does SilverSingles Compare?
SilverSingles is a niche service for older daters. So, we thought it makes sense to compare it to SeniorMatch, another platform for mature singles in search of love, friends, or companions.
Firstly, the age limit is different. Senior Match welcomes only members who are 40 and older and tries not to admit younger daters to the community. As for SilverSingles, it is more flexible to younger members, while it presents itself as a dating site for 50+.
Apart from this, there are some other crucial differences:
- Audience: SeniorMatch boasts a global reach, allowing people from 180 countries to join, whereas SilverSingles currently hosts members from 20 countries.
- Communication with Matches: SeniorMatch members can browse all the other daters’ profiles using swipes and simple profile surfing. On SilverSingles you can communicate only with the matches the platform selects for you.
- Paid Membership: SeniorMatch has three membership plans, and each of them offers a different set of options. SilverSingles offers all the platform’s features for each plan, and the membership period is the only difference.
- Personality test: Both platforms require users to describe themselves upon joining, but SeniorMatch doesn’t have the lengthy personality quiz that SilverSingles uses for further matching.
|50+ singles looking for love and friendship around the world
|Singles of 40+ looking for love or companionship
|1.1 million+ users
|Friendship Casual Dating Long-term relationships
|Long-term relationships Friendship Companionship Hanging out Travel
|Yes – Email verification
|Yes – Email and Image verification
🏆 Final Verdict: Is SilverSingles Right for You?
We find SilverSingles to be a very comfortable dating platform for older users who still believe in true love and friendship. A user-friendly interface and a well-designed mobile app are among the key benefits. Additionally, the personality quiz is very detailed, so the chances of finding like-minded people are very high.
As for the drawbacks, there’s a limited number of active profiles, and we miss familiar matching options like swipes or just good old profile browsing. However, if your goal is to find soul mates and you are not curious about exploring profiles aimlessly, matching based on personal compatibility is a great solution. For this type of user, SilverSingles is the ideal online dating platform.
Does SilverSingles offer free services?
There are some free services available to SilverSingles users who still doubt if a paid subscription is worth it. You can add photos, take personality tests, and send or receive likes and smiles. However, the inability to view images of other users until you pay can affect the user experience.
Where can you access SilverSingles?
SilverSingles is open to new members in 20 countries, though the majority of users come from the United Kingdom, the USA, Canada, Germany, and France. The audience is relatively smaller compared to Plenty of Fish, for example.
You can access the platform on PC or mobile.
Is SilverSingles safe for online dating?
SilverSingles is safe for online dating, but it’s vital that users also take care of their own online security. As is the case on almost any dating platform, including InternationalCupid and eHarmony, keeping personal information private, including location and finances, is the best way to stay safe.
Is SilverSingles for hookups or serious dating?
Finding hookups is not the goal for SilverSingles members. The platform may be helpful if you are looking for marriage, serious dating, friendship, companionship, or somebody to travel and hang out with. It’s better to try other services if you prefer no-strings-attached relationships.
Can you browse SilverSingles if you don’t have an account?
You must join SilverSingles as a free or paid member to get access to profiles and dating options. There is no way to browse the site without first registering and answering the quiz.