- 20 years of experience
- Caters for many relationship types
- Safe for all sexual orientations
- Helpful blog
- Proven success
- Robust profiles
- Outdated design
- Free membership offers limited options
- No advanced match system
- Who uses it?:18–55, Bisexuals, Hookups, threesomes, swinging
- How many users?:3.5 million+ members
- Features to help you match:Location, Gender / Sexual orientation, Age, Religion, Ethnicity, Lifestyle and habits, Family setup, Body type, Height
- Mobile access:Yes
- Pricing:Free, 1-month Premium membership, 3-month Premium membership, 6-month Premium membership
- Free version?:Yes
BiCupid is one of the many online dating brands owned by SuccessfulMatch.com. This makes the platform part of an established network. The company can use the experience gained on one website to optimize another. However, catering to the bisexual community requires unique insight.
We took it upon ourselves to help bisexuals determine if BiCupid is a platform where they can feel safe. Also, we considered the user base to confirm if it’s a relevant environment with a high likelihood of helping you find love if you’re bi.
As one of the very few online dating services that cater to bisexuals, it does impress with relevant search filters and even advice and safety tips. Additionally, it’s a safe haven for people with controversial views on relationships, such as swingers. A standout feature is that you can sign up as an individual or a couple. Browse the sections below to find out if it’s the dating site you should try out next.
🎖️ Overall BiCupid Rating
Short on Time?
BiCupid caters to a broad demographic in the LGBTQ+ community, as apart from bisexuals, the operators also aim to make swingers feel welcome. In addition, they claim to be the ‘most effective dating site for threesomes and swingers’, and to achieve this, they allow couples as well as individuals to create profiles.
We appreciate the community that’s supportive of alternative dating arrangements. You can enjoy the easy search features, fun elements, and detailed profiles. Just note that most of the helpful tools are only accessible on a paid contract.
- User experience: BiCupid’s aesthetic design is outdated, but the minimalistic pages result in an uncluttered platform. With fast responses to inquiries and an array of features that make it easy to find relevant individuals to start chatting with, BiCupid has a lot to offer.
- Demographics: Almost any individual over 18 can join BiCupid and stand a chance to find a match. The community is mostly bisexual, but anyone is welcome to join, and you can adjust your match preferences to whatever you want. You can even ask for interested parties for threesomes or if you’re swingers. Of course, this does mean there are fewer people interested in serious heterosexual relationships only, and if this is your focus, it’s better to use a platform like eHarmony.
- Security: The BiCupid platform offers adequate security features to protect your personal information from hackers. They also offer ways to protect privacy, such as adjusting settings to block information or photos from certain users.
- Feature richness: There may not be the advanced algorithms that eHarmony and EliteSingles offer, but BiCupid’s platform still has a lot to offer. Multiple filters help find good matches, while chat rooms, dating advice, and pages for first date ideas all help new bisexual online daters to make the most of their experiences.
✅ What we Like
- Experience in the industry: BiCupid is part of a big group of some of the best dating sites on the globe. It all belongs to SuccessfulMatch.com, which means the company has a lot of data to analyze to know how to improve a dating platform to benefit users. Also, it’s worth trusting a company that has 20 years of experience in helping bisexuals find love.
- From hookups to serious relationships: Yes, this platform is more focused on hookups and even alternative relationships such as threesomes. There may be a small percentage looking for serious relationships or marriage specifically, but if you use the tools optimally, it is possible to find almost any type of match on BiCupid.
- Caters to all preferences: You can view this platform as a safe online dating site if you’re bisexual, but also if you’re a couple looking for people interested in threesomes or swinging. In addition, the setup doesn’t exclude people interested in heterosexual dating. So, if you’re still trying to figure out what type of relationship you feel most comfortable with, BiCupid can be ideal to explore options and help you make the right decision for you.
- Active, relevant blog: Unlike some websites where blogs get neglected, we found that there’s often fresh content to browse through on BiCupid. The topics are helpful and relevant for this niche, giving practical advice and insight into bisexual dating.
- Track record: Data proves that there is a good chance users can meet their relationship goals by using BiCupid. There are over 3.5 million members and these individuals have over 2 million conversations every month, showing the community is involved. Also, over 60,000 success stories have been reported.
- Loads of details in profiles: A BiCupid profile contains everything from a person’s height to personal bios to what their dream date looks like. Also, you can use photos as well as videos to share more about yourself and assess others.
❌ What we Didn’t Like
- Design needs an update: Although the app is modern, the desktop version is very plain and actually outdated. Sprucing it up can have a positive visual impact that could set users in a more optimistic mindset.
- Limited options for non-paying members: In comparison to some other online dating sites, the free membership is very limited. Although the act of browsing profiles is available, you can do very little to initiate contact before someone messages you first.
- No advanced matching tools: This platform doesn’t have personality quizzes or high-tech algorithms to help like-minded people find each other. While this is sufficient for hookups and casual dating, bisexuals who are looking for their soulmates may find it difficult to find the ‘the one’.
|User Base Size and Diversity
|Age, Location, Interests
|Ease of Use and Interface
|Safety and Privacy Features
|Safety Features: Email verification, Photo verification
|Winks, Direct Message
|Price and Subscription Options
|One month: $29.95 per month
Three months: $19.98 per month
Six months: $15.99 per month
|Mobile App Availability
|Android and iOS
|Spark, First Date Ideas
|Cancellation and Refund Policy
|Community and Social Aspects
|Blogs and Forums
💰 BiCupid Pricing
You can use BiCupid for free for as long as you like, but you’ll have limited features to use. For example, you can view profiles, but most search filters are blocked. Also, you can only message to profiles that have messaged you first and if someone likes you, the photos and profile information will be blurred.
Once you opt for one of the paid contracts below, you’ll get all the following:
- Send messages to anyone
- See details of those who Like or view your profile
- Rewind whenever you want
- Customization of profile’s privacy settings, including stating who can see your profile
- Use as many Likes and Winks as you want
- More search options, including setting a browsing distance
- Fun features like chat wallpapers, topic chat rooms, and exclusive emojis
- Simplify your dating workflow with Pin to Top and auto-replies
To enjoy these, you can pick one of the following:
Note that you’ll need to pay the total amount in one payment. You can use a card or Google Pay.
📱 BiCupid on Mobile
BiCupid offers apps for both iOS and Android. You’ll find their links on the website, or simply visit your relevant app store. On your device, you can log in with Google, or an email address.
The app has a basic design and images load a bit slowly. Still, it can be fun to use mobile rather than only your desktop because the apps immediately give you the option to enable location features. This will help you easily find other users in your vicinity. Of course, as a security feature, it’s your prerogative whether to activate this or not.
BiCupid’s apps are user-friendly, with intuitive navigation. They incorporated easy tools, such as sliders, to help set filters. Also, the most important pages and actions all have icons across the bottom of the screen, so you can easily click, even when using your phone with one hand.
🤔 How to Use BiCupid
You’ll find BiCupid doesn’t require a long learning curve, thanks to logical menus and prompts that guide you through the registration process. Since any new dating site can be overwhelming, especially if you’ve never done this before, use our quick guide to feel more comfortable starting your BiCupid journey.
Firstly, you need to enter your email address and prove you’re human, using a reCaptcha tool. This is a first line of defense against fake profiles, so it’s clear that BiCupid is serious about creating a safe platform.
Then you’ll be taken through a few steps to add basic information to your profile.
Step 1: Pick your orientation. To cater to users interested in threesomes, two people can indicate that you’re creating a profile as a couple. Furthermore, we think BiCupid is acceptably inclusive, as your options of what you identify as include:
- Bi woman
- Bi man
Then you also need to indicate who you’re interested in connecting with, using these same six options. This will help later on to provide you with relevant profiles to compare and hopefully match with.
Step 2: Set a username. You can make yourself seem interesting while also maintaining anonymity by using a creative username, even adding numbers and underscores.
Tip: if many in your own community of bisexuals are struggling to find love, use BiCupid’s referral system to get free Premium days. This is possible when you join with a referral code.
Step 3: Personal details. User-friendly tools help you indicate the following, so other users have an idea who they’re dealing with when you communicate with each other:
- Ethnicity (Choose “Other” if you prefer not to share this information)
- Relationship status
Step 4: Write your headline. A 10–to 50-character headline can help you catch someone’s attention, so take a moment to create a good one. You can change it later if you come up with something better, though.
Step 5: Short bio: Use the 4,000 characters to showcase yourself to anyone browsing your profile.
Expert tip: use this to already start flirting with possible matches. Along with sharing about yourself, add a few sentences that tease the reader, so your profile stays memorable.
Step 6: Describe your ideal match: You also have 4,000 characters to confirm what you’re looking for in a match.
Expert tip: Be brutally honest, so there’s no chance of being misunderstood. For example, if you’re for or against threesomes, add it here. This will help save time in the long run because people with opposing views can just choose not to initiate communication.
Step 7: Add photos: You can add just one photo, but we really liked BiCupid’s tips on uploading a few and suggesting different types of photos. Their guidelines can help even newbie online daters create quality profiles that will attract attention from the start. Also, the image-upload tool is user-friendly because you can browse your gallery or drag and drop.
You’re done with the basics, but now you do need to verify your email address to continue using the platform.
Our code arrived within seconds of clicking “Verify Now”, but it can take a few minutes in some cases.
If you’re willing to upgrade to a paid version, you’re ready to start matching. Free members will wait about a day for the platform to review their details. However, we were able to start using features immediately. You can get your photo verified if you want to boost trust in your profile.
Look for the option underneath your profile picture.
Similar to PositiveSingles, BiCupid is like a few other online dating services rolled into one. You have all these options to find and pick matches:
- Flame: Similar to the location-based app, Tinder, you can be presented with relevant profiles, chosen based on answers to basic questions you gave during the sign-up process. You can swipe left (Pass) or right (Like). You’ll see users’ photos, and you can open their profiles to view more information if you want. But a quick finger action helps you make decisions and if both of you swipe right, you’ll get a notification and that’s a good enough reason to start a conversation. A quick tutorial takes you through the different options.
- Discover: Here you can see profiles of individuals who match your preferred characteristics. Premium members can use a range of filter options, from ethnicity to lifestyle, to find profiles that match who you think will be a good partner. On a free version, you’ll only be able to set age, gender, and location.
- Community: Hover over the ‘Community’ item on the top menu, and the drop-down list will give you some activities to pursue. Type and share jokes on the topic of bisexual dating, and also read what others have shared. You can also share an event others may find relevant or type first-date ideas.
These are helpful to make you part of the community in a fun way and share about yourself without feeling self-conscious. Even introverts welcome these options. And if someone’s posts seem interesting, that’s enough reason to Wink or Like. You’ll find these options close to their photos on their profiles.
Communicating with Matches
BiCupid has multiple built-in communication formats. Here’s a quick summary:
- As mentioned above, you can Wink or Like someone by using the icons on their profiles. You’re also kept up to date about how many people have winked or liked your profile.
- Send a message. This works similarly to any chat application, as you can send images, emojis, GIFs, or text.
- Join a Topic Chatroom and talk to others on topics you all find interesting. Look for the menu item on the ‘Messages’ page. You can use a keyword search bar to find chat rooms you may like.
Optimize Your BiCupid Experience
We noticed these features that can boost your BiCupid outcomes, but also make the general online dating experience much better.
- Conversation starters: if you’re shy or new to the scene, let the chat prompts help you have a virtual conversation. Click on the ‘Not sure what to say’ block if someone messages you, and you’ll get a few relevant replies to pick from.
- Organize your chats: use ‘Pin’ and ‘Theme’ to help you remember who is worth getting to know more.
With ‘Theme’ you can add a wallpaper to each chat. Use it as a reminder of who is fun, romantic, or not worth your time. This can also be a way to initiate a discussion, as the other party will see what you pick.
- Sort and Save: On the Discover page, you can save filter settings, so you don’t have to recreate your ideal profile each time you start browsing. You can also sort them according to characteristics like ‘youngest first’ or ‘newest members’.
- Notes: When chatting to multiple people, use the Notes section on each profile during interactions. You can record personal details they share, so you don’t get confused about what each person’s likes and dislikes are. Or add notes on what you want to ask the next time you chat, so you don’t forget.
- Home: The main part of your Home Page contains Facebook-like content, such as videos people share or which photos of people close by have been verified. Keep an eye out for activities that may interest you, and strike up a conversation in an informal way by commenting.
- Get some input: The platform provides helpful tips and advice on relevant topics like dating, safety, and breakups.
- Keep improving your profile: There are so many ways to showcase your character via your profile, which can lead to more people finding you interesting and initiating contact. Apart from updating your general information, look at options under “More About Me”. You can answer fun questions, list your ideal first date ideas, or list questions your future matches should answer to impress you.
👥 General User Experience
BiCupid is similar to other SuccessfulMatch.com brands, like PositiveSingles, having a minimalistic design approach. This keeps the pages uncluttered, so you can focus on details like profile pictures and easily find what you’re looking for in the robust profiles. However, it’s also a bit boring and seems outdated when compared to modern platforms like Seeking.com and eHarmony.
We liked that Premium members can set so many different filters when searching for a match, but it’s still not as effective as platforms using tools like personality tests.
Free members must be prepared to have very limited options, but there are still ways to find new connections.
Overall, you can expect a good experience, since pages load quickly and the workflows make for a quick registration and onboarding process. Simple icons and logical menu setups make it easy to find information.
🔐 User Safety & Security
BiCupid does have a system in place to protect users’ personal information, as well as any financial details you may share for payment purposes.
If you’re concerned about privacy, it’s worth reading through the policy to understand how your data is shared.
Know that there are ‘opt-out’ choices you can make. This can require you to send an email, adjust device settings, or contact another entity.
As with most online platforms, including most of the best dating sites on today’s market, your own actions also impact your safety and security. Scammers can infiltrate even the best of platforms, so always be cautious. You. shouldn’t share personal information with other members, unless you’re at the point of starting a serious relationship.
BiCupid features that can give you more peace of mind include:
- The ability to block members that display suspicious behavior.
- Quick action is taken with any account that’s reported, or even ones using suspicious IP addresses.
- Unless you tick the ‘Remember me’ box, the platform signs you out after a time of inactivity. This helps protect you on public networks and if someone passes your PC they won’t be able to access your account.
For others to trust your profile more, consider getting your photos verified. They basically want to make sure the photo matches the person creating the profile, and you can do it by uploading a copy of your ID or a video.
The video option can be quicker, but note that it doesn’t always work.
From BiCupid’s support team, you can get quick feedback on your queries.
Using the online forms, you’ll have preselected subjects to pick from and you can attach images if relevant to your request.
With this communication method, you’ll get a confirmation email immediately and your reply will reach your inbox within a few hours. The information is sufficient, and where appropriate it includes links to pages to read up more.
Alternatively, use the Help and FAQ page. Finding relevant information is sped up thanks to BiCupid adding a search bar at the top, where you can type in keywords related to your query.
🎖️ How Does BiCupid Compare?
When you compare BiCupid and Seeking.com, you clearly see the online dating industry caters to almost all preferences. But it’s important to understand each one’s strong points and niche focus. Otherwise, you may waste time using the wrong platform, with an irrelevant user base.
With BiCupid, the specific focus is creating a safe platform for bisexuals. They also expanded to be inclusive of swingers and those wanting threesomes and it’s one of the few dating platforms that allow couples to register, not just individuals. Anyone, no matter your age, looks or income, is welcome to join.
Seeking.com is open to anyone, and the community that’s over 45 million strong surely impresses. But here the focus is rich and attractive individuals. It has its background in the sugar-dating scene, although now the marketing message is about connecting people who want to enjoy luxurious living together.
Both these platforms offer detailed profiles to help you pick matches. Seeking.com looks more modern but do note you’ll pay more and even have to pay for verification services. BiCupid can be useful, even on a tighter budget.
|Hookups and casual dating
|Hookups or long-term relationships
|3.5 million members
|46 million members
|Bisexuals, swingers, threesomes
|Matching successful men with beautiful, intelligent women
|Yes (costs involved)
🏆 Final Verdict: Is BiCupid Right for You?
It’s encouraging to see that the online dating world is becoming more and more inclusive. With resources like BiCupid and traditional platforms like eHarmony now catering to the LGBTQ+ community, bi-curious individuals can take a chance and try to find love online.
BiCupid is ideal if you’re bi and want to ensure you chat and match with people who have a similar outlook about their sexuality. People interested in swinging and threesomes also have a safe platform to consider, free from prejudice or bullying.
We think the detailed profiles are helpful. Plus, BiCupid manages to keep online dating fun with features like answering interesting questions and being able to share videos with the community.
However, it’s clear from what users share that there is a big focus on hookups and casual relationships. If you’re bi, but also looking for something serious with any gender, eHarmony is a practical alternative, since their personality quiz helps match compatible individuals.
So, determine your dating goals and pick the best dating platform accordingly.
Does BiCupid offer free services?
Like other quality sites, such as PositiveSingles, BiCupid does have a free membership. Available features are limited, but without paying monthly fees you can enjoy the following:
- Send winks
- Use the Flame and Discover features in a limited capacity, to find new matches
- Respond to a message sent by premium members
- Create a favorites list
- Search for people by location
- Upload over 20 photos
Where can you access BiCupid?
In addition to the website that you can access via your desktop browser, the BiCupid app is available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. So, with desktop and mobile versions available, you only require an internet connection to use this platform.
Is BiCupid safe for online dating?
Yes, BiCupid is a safe online dating platform. It has safety features in place to protect your data. Also, it gives advice on keeping dating safe.
Furthermore, you’re safe from online bullying to a greater extent than on some other online platforms, since the community is mostly bisexual. And, if you report a profile for suspicious behavior or bullying, there’s a good possibility it will be suspended for others’ safety.
Finally, with a track record that dates back to 2003 and an active audience of 83%, it’s clear that it’s a well-established, trusted online platform.
Is BiCupid for hookups or serious dating?
BiCupid has an average of 40,000 users weekly with a reply rate of 73% and also reports a quality match rate of 62%. Although mainly used for hookups and casual dating by bisexuals, these statistics show there’s also a good likelihood of finding compatible matches that you can build a serious relationship with.
A mainstream platform like InternationalCupid may have more users than BiCupid, but the latter’s unique focus is extremely valuable. For example, people looking for people to join in unique arrangements like swinging or threesomes can also use the BiCupid platform with a good chance of success.
Can you browse BiCupid if you don’t have an account?
You need an active account to view any of the profiles on BiCupid. This is part of how the brand protects people’s privacy. To sign up, you can use your email address. Without an account, you’ll only have access to pages like the brand’s blog and FAQs.